- PoE light is not on – Check to make sure the PoE injector is plugged in to the wall securely. If it is securely plugged in and the light is still off, please contact us.
- Cables are not connected properly to PoE. Remove each cable ONE AT A TIME to prevent crossing them. Place them back into the port and make SURE they click.
(As stated above, cable from outside unit goes into PoE port. Cable to router goes into LAN port).
- Cables are defective or worn out. To check, remove cables ONE AT A TIME and check for the tips looking “burned out” similar to a lightbulb when it has expired. Replacing cables is fast & inexpensive.
- Router may need rebooting. Unplug your router power cord. Wait 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back in.
DO NOT PUSH THE RESET BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.
- Router may need replacing. Routers should be replaced every several years.
- If you are experiencing problems with your internet we have found most problems can be resolved by doing the following:
- Unplug your router power cord
- Unplug your POE injector power cord
(it’s the little black box with two network cables on one end and a power cord on the other)
- Shut down all computers and devices
- Plug your router back in
- Plug your POE injector back in
- Turn your computers and devices back on.
This requires a laptop or desktop computer. You cannot obtain accurate speed test results from a phone or tablet. Please see our Support & Billing page for more info on things that can affect your internet speed:
- Locate the cord going from the router into the LAN port of the PoE injector.
- Unplug your this cable from your router and plug it directly into a laptop or desktop computer. This allows you to bypass the router testing the speed directly from the unit to the computer.
- Make sure all programs and unnecessary processes are closed down on the laptop or desktop computer.
- Go to speedtest.googlefiber.net and run a speed test.
Come visit us at:
1018 W. Commerce, Brownwood, TX
next to Pepsi Bottling Co
Give us a call at: